Sunday, August 14, 2011

Turning Back










My last shift ended this morning. It was a graveyard shift, 10pm - 630am. The night was pretty busy, I don't remember having any time to really relax until about 3am. The busboy, Fred, didnt even get his required break until after 4am. It was his birthday today too. Regardless, it was a fun night.
I don't even remember the last time I sincerely thought that my shift was fun, I took drink orders, made them faster than I've done, ran out plates that seemed hotter than a muthafucka, getting more refills, salads, soups - it seemed like the rest of the shifts i've had over these two years were training for this last, busy night.
Everyone was satisfied. Everyone was very appreciative, very relaxed, and cool. It made me happy that my last night was like this. My co-workers and I helped each other out and we ended up having one of the most profitable nights in a long time.

I worked with two people who were not only two of the best servers that I'll ever work with, but the two of the best people that I'll ever meet.




No Antonio and Cassie, thank you.

I hated saying goodbye. I forgot how hard it was. I did it over these past two days. Seeing my friends on the verge of tears took over me. Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be missed like that by anyone in the restaurant. I assumed I was just another employee, someone that was replaceable. But no, there were people that had taken time out of their night just to come by to surprise me with that cake and to give me one last, warm goodbye on my last shift. By the way, it was the best cake I've ever had in my life. It was a decadent, pleasurable, sexy, red-velvet, screaming orgasm in the mouth.

I'll miss everyone there. well...yeah i'll miss everyone. Going to Black Bear Diner feels like cheating on a loving girlfriend. I had it good here. I was loved here, last night showed me that. But now, I'm going to this other restaurant because something about it excites me. I'm curious about this new interest. Black Bear Diner will show me whether or not this was a mistake or not. Whether or not it sucks at Black Bear is ok with me. Knowing that there are great people still at IHOP is good enough.



Happy Birthday Fred












Clocking out

No comments: