Monday, August 8, 2011

A Turning World

Perplexed lately about what I'm supposed to do. Yeah, I know we've all been there or are in there or will someday be there, but its something that is keeping me up at night and I'm not gaining any progress just thinking about it.

I'm quitting my job at IHOP. I'll be honest, I don't know the real reason why. I had it very good there: good connections with the managers, buenas coneccions with all the cooks and busboys and servers, and even a girl that could have made my life a bit more complete. And its confusing me why I don't want to work there.

The only reason that I can come up with is that I need a change. My life has been changing. Loving people have been pulled out of my life. New residences. The people in my life have been changing. It seemed right to move with the world as it changes. I guess now I'm afraid of getting left behind.

Its been a while since I've seen this site, and I had a great nostalgic feeling seeing that picture above still there, of the sunset, and would really like to go up there again with the people that were there with me when that photo was taken. A lot of people have been posting pictures of a similar photo, with themselves as the silhouette. I see the same sea of fog and the raw wilderness that my friends and I enjoyed when we were first there.

No comments: